Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Adrift


 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and entering into that which is within the veil;  
Hebrews 6:19

I feel like a ship on the sea, not anchored, nor on a journey. Thoughts flit through my head, I have done the research, I now need the Holy Spirit to help me translate into something that makes sense.

I am floundering, helpless, hopeless,  adrift in a sea of uncertainty.
My anchor is a mere decoration, and  not a particularly attractive one at that!  Rusting, ugly, battered, barnacled.
The ticking clock nags me - "Make a decision! Make a decision! Make a decision!" Its relentless ticking is laced with derision.
Yet without the clock I would have no need to arrive at my destination.  Ever!

I hate the feeling that I need to find a route, to decide which direction I should head. I have looked at the charts, but I cannot decide which way to go.  
Come Holy Spirit direct me, guide me empower me, lead me, direct me, use me.

Let me enter into the veil of your presence