Thursday, 20 March 2014

Muddling with Mystery


The Lord says, “Don’t let the wise man glory in his wisdom.
Don’t let the mighty man glory in his might. Don’t let the rich man glory in his riches. But let him who glories glory in this, that he has understanding, and knows me, that I am the Lord who exercises loving kindness, justice, and righteousness, in the earth; for I delight in these things,” says the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24

We have reached the Doctrine section of our Reader training. 
This week we have been studying the Trinity - which is both simple in its complexity and complex in its simplicity.  

Last week when we were studying Salvation I found myself struggling with the idea of Jesus being God, because to me they were the different.  

This week we looked at the Trinity, and we reflected on God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit - separate yet one. I then realised that if God was the Son, he was also Christ. Something I knew, but understood in a deeper way.

If you had asked me before if I had understood the Trinity, I would have said yes!  However, the more I read, the less I feel that I understand and the more of a mystery it all becomes!  I am left feeling that I do not feel that I have any wisdom to glory in, instead I will trust in God, and allow the Holy Spirit to continue to help me to understand a bit more of this glorious mystery - preferably before I have to complete the assignment!