Sunday, 23 March 2014

What's In Your Wallet?


Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6:10

Adverts for a certain credit card asks what we rely on, with the challenge "What's in your wallet?" 
When I read this verse from Ephesians I am reminded of the adverts for this credit card and I ask myself "What is in my 'spiritual' wallet?"  When my reserves are low, what bank do I draw on?  
  • The bank of instant feel good solutions - chocolates, wine, alcohol?
  • The bank of distraction - noise, people, or other activity
  • The bank of escapism - trash novels, mindless TV, facebook games
  • The bank of the Holy Spirit - renews, refills, refreshes.
The answer we feel that we should give is the last one, but bits of the other add to our understanding and appreciating the culture in which God has placed us. I vote for the last option with varying add-ons from the other options! :)