Thursday, 10 April 2014

Prayer For Today


 I said, “My strength has perished,
along with my expectation from Yahweh.”

Remember my affliction and my misery,
the wormwood and the bitterness.
My soul still remembers them,
and is bowed down within me.
This I recall to my mind;
therefore I have hope.

It is because of Yahweh’s loving kindnesses that we are not consumed,
because his compassion doesn’t fail.
Lamentations 3:18-22

Across the land another day has begun, just like it has in each and every other land, in the order you, O Lord, have decreed.

May we have awakened to the spring's pure sunlight, with fresh hope in their heart and a determination to make the world a better place. Lord we give you thanks for all the good things you have given us.  As we go through this day, help us to see past harsh words and bad attitude, and see the vulnerable, hurting person, the one whom you love.  Through your grace and the power of the Holy Spirit give us the strength to love them too, and the discernment to know when their words of anger and hate, are only echoes of the past.

We grieve with those have endured a night of pain and anguish, aware that the purposes of this day are not ones that would ever be of their choosing.  Yet, they are not alone, for you, O Lord of compassion are with them, watching and weeping, comforting and strengthening.

Lord, where we encounter pain and suffering, may we not turn away, but share in their suffering. Guide our actions to work for change, to enable your kingdom to be built, here on earth.
Amen