Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Lost For Words


There is so much that I want to write, but the words are elusive.

A thousand thoughts and idea crowd my chaotic mind, but fail to find any coherent form or flow.

I look at the world, and I feel great sadness at the acts of violence and aggression that are carried out against others in the name of religion, by those who do not put into practise the spirit of the teaching they have received, but instead are carried along on a fervour of extremism in the name of the faith they claim to follow.

I look at my country, where the safety nets protecting the poor, sick and vulnerable, which have upheld this nation over the last 70 years, are being dismantled by those who do not require them.  Causing those in need to plunge into an abyss of poverty.  

Yet despite all this, the inherent goodness of people wanting to do their best for others, is unchangeable.

As a nation we may have largely given up on God, but his Spirit is still at work within his people, even if they are unaware of it.