Thursday, 25 September 2014

Technophobe

I know it is designed to work, and indeed for many it does work. Just not for me!

"A simple, but practical, solution!" I hear you cry.
And my heart sinks...

"Idiot proof! you declare.
"Not for THIS idiot!" I mutter in response.

"Just follow the instructions!", you advise, encouragingly…
"What instructions? I ask in bewilderment.

"Look, everyone knows how it works.  It's self-evident!"
"Evidently…….not" I respond.

"Well it is designed so that you instinctively know how to use it, WITHOUT instructions…"
"So, if that is true, how come I do not know how to use it?  Instinctively, or otherwise?"

"You are just not trying!"
"On the contrary. I think I am very trying.  After all there is no denying that I haven't a clue what to do…"

"Can't you just take this seriously?"
"I take my own inadequacy very seriously.  All around the world people can succeed at this, but not moi!"

"Give it here!"
"That's what you always say…"

"What really is your problem?"
"Maybe it is just lack of confidence.  I start off well enough. Then at the point I have to change direction, I panic, and suddenly have no faith in being able to complete the task. Basically, I screw it up when I doubt my ability."

"So, just have confidence in yourself!"
"No, I can't do it. I did once, but that was a fluke, pure fluke….Do you think this means that I don't trust God?"

















"No, I think it means you prefer a tin opener to a ring pull. Oh I can't watch…."