Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Betrayed!

On Monday we went on a grand day out to Croft Castle, stopping on on Clee Hill to admire the views, as it was the sort of day where you could see for miles!  In the middle of this shot is the clock tower at Abberley.  There are also public toilets near the view point in the village of Clee Hill, which is useful to know. Comments on facebook indicate that these are in fact secret toilets and only we can see the signs....

Having departed later than we intended we arrived at Croft Castle at lunchtime, so we headed for the cafe.  No sooner had lunch arrived, than I realised that my phone was missing!!  As I was using it after we left Clee Hill, it was most probably in the car.  I went to retrieve it in case it was visible.
As I traipsed back to the car, which was inevitably at the furthest point in the car park, I consoled myself with the thought that this was helping the steps to add up on my pedometer.  I then opened the car door to see both the phone and pedometer on the floor of the car beside the seat...

The weather was very changeable with sudden showers.  There had also been significant rainfall in the preceding days, so we decided to start our exploraions indoors, but I found myself most interested in the windows and views outside, particularly the rainclouds on the distant hills.  The chandeliers were also impressive....







The KHT indulged in some WW1 dressing up...


After exploring the delights of the walled garden, and resisting temptation in the shop,the KHT experimented with a rope swing...

















Then we accidentally walked up a hill and found some stupendous views


It was fascinating watching the clouds roll by....
By now my pedometer was reading over 9000 steps so I was feeling well encouraged, as am not a great rambler, more of a photo taking ambler.

As we headed home along the bumpy lanes of Hereford and Shropshire, an alarm on my pedometer heralded my target of 10,000 steps, probably triggered by a particularly large bump in the road. Insult was added to injury as it continued to add further steps to my tally as we drove home.  Betrayed by technology!