Thursday, 23 July 2015

Today I choose

Today I choose....
...to wear odd sandals - just to see if anyone notices...

Today I choose....
....not to get annoyed at the foibles of those around me, but instead to appreciate that each one is an individual with their own fear and anxiety, and gifts and talents.

Today I choose....
...to try and read what you are not saying, rather than wait until you are compelled to speak words that are perfectly justified.

Today I choose....
To delete the unread emails in my inbox and put them out of her misery and not to long for the 'good old days' when emails contained interesting messages rather than advertising spam.

Today I choose....
...to remember to pray for those who do not make the headlines, the persecuted, marginalised, oppressed, those who are discriminated against...

Today I choose....
...Not to put myself down

Today I choose....
...to watch the skies and appreciate the variations and nuances of colour and light.

Today I choose....
..To accept the thing I do not have the power to change, and to hand them over to you, Lord.

Today I choose.... to follow you