Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Dissect my life

  1. Take my life and let it be
    Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
  2. Consecrated, as in 'holy'?  
  3. Hang on, that has SERIOUS implications!
  4. Holiness demands purity, 
  5. and, if I am honest I am more human than puritan!
  6. Take my moments and my days,
    Let them flow in endless praise.
  7. ...ceaseless praise, even when life is crap?
  8. No, I can't do that.  Praise, yes.  When I feel like praising, yes.
  9. Ceaseless?  You are having a laugh,
  10. at least I hope you are...
  11. Take my hands and let them move
    At the impulse of Thy love.
  12. So, I can only do 'good things'...responding to your will... like a spiritual robot....
    Take my feet and let them be
    Swift and beautiful for Thee.
  13. I guess 'swift and beautiful' is better than 'slow and ugly'. I better get training...
  14. Take my voice and let me sing,
    Always, only for my King.
  15. I love to sing :)  but always?  That is quite demanding...and if I am singing 'only for my king', does that rule out non-religious songs?
  16. Take my lips and let them be
    Filled with messages from Thee.
  17. Good point. If my words are not loving, and worthy of you, what really is the point? Lord, help me to me kind and considerate in my speech. Help me not to rush in, without thinking, but to wait for your guidance - after all, you are outside time!
  18. Take my silver and my gold,
    Not a mite would I withhold.
  19. I can't pay the parish share on my own, but with a bit of help from my friends, and with God doing the calculations, our money will stretch much further than we imagine.  Yes it is hard, when costs go up, and unexpected bills arrive.  However, you know before it happens and I am sure you have got a solution. I just need to make sure I am listening when you call my name!
  20. Take my intellect and use
    Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
  21. No more trying to fight my corner, but submitting to your will.  Only then will I be really free.
  22. Take my will and make it Thine,
    It shall be no longer mine.
  23. Handing over...
    Take my heart, it is Thine own,
    It shall be Thy royal throne.
  24. Come, take your place in my life.
  25. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
    At Thy feet its treasure store.
  26. Do not let me hold anything back, not my money or possessions, my fear or anxiety, my life - in all its weakness.
  27. Take myself and I will be
    Ever, only, all for Thee.
  28. Amen.