Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Confession

Almighty and most merciful Father,
we have wandered and strayed from your ways like lost sheep.
Yes, that is me - a two legged sheep. 
Freshly shorn as I had my hair cut last week, 
but perfectly capable of wandering of following my own desires, 
wandering into foolishness...
getting trapped of cliffs, where fear of failure paralyses me, 
and getting stuck head first into situations 
that a wiser person would have circumnavigated...  
That's me - a sheep. 
Un-baaa-lievable!

We have followed too much the devices and desires
of our own hearts.
Guilty. :(
 I either think so much that I scare myself into hypnotic inaction
or i don't think at all and blunder about...

We have offended against your holy laws.
The moral code my parents gave me, 
as guidelines for living - I fail. 
Regularly. 
Consistently.
Completely.

We have left undone those things
that we ought to have done;
You shout in my ears urging me to action, 
but I procrastinate....
Maybe I will reopens better tomorrow.

and we have done those things
that we ought not to have done;
Yet, the things you urge me NOT to do, 
I do!
With great eagerness and enthusiasm.

and there is no health in us. 
Spiritual bankruptcy looms
 - yet I am still complacent...
fool that I am.

But you, O Lord, have mercy upon us sinners.
Spare those who confess their faults.
Lord, help me to be aware of the things I do wrong, 
even those of which I am unaware...

Restore those who are penitent,
Do not let my words be empty lip-synch to familiar liturgy, 
but a cry of the heart 
from one who knows that they have messed up 
and wants to get right with you.

according to your promises declared to mankind
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I read your word, 
I claim forgiveness. 
I cannot rescue myself...
throw me a lifebelt...


And grant, O most merciful Father, for his sake,
that we may live a disciplined, righteous and godly life,
Lord, help me to mature, 
and have wisdom,
ion that is not too much to ask

to the glory of your holy name.
Maybe some day someone may see a little bit of you in me, maybe...

Amen.
Please lord, let it be so.