Friday, 22 April 2016

Today

The day stretched ahead of us,
a thousand possibilities and very few probabilities.
The only problem was that our possibilities and probabilities were probably different.
"What are YOU going to do today?"
"I thought WE might go out..."
"Where do YOU want to go?"
" I thought WE might go to Hidcote...
"But I want to build a wall...."
"Why don't you build a bit of the wall, 
then we could go out
..and eat out so we don't have to rush later."

Later - 
"Hmm it is rather grey. 
Hidcote deserves sunshine, 
or better still rain then sunshine, 
so the flowers look their best...
in photographs..."
"So, where do You want to go?"
"I don't know."
"I suppose you want to go to The Robin Hood"
"We could go to a National Trust place....
I know we could go to Webbs..
I prefer to eat at The Robin Hood..."
"When do you want to go?"
"It depends what time I can book a table..."

And so the wall was built AND we went out for lunch...






Some time later....
"What are you going to do with that yellow plant in the corner?"
"What yellow plant in the corner...is it a dandelion?"
Looks at the offending plant
"That plant looks green and a bit red...."
"Well. That is nearly yellow...




What are you going to do with it?"
"Can't it stay there it looks rather nice...?"
"No, its blocking the path."
" Ah, good point. 
Well it needs to go in a flower bed.
 Probably the side one."



We head in different directions.
Take different routes.
The incompatible becomes compatible.
Peace reigns.